Thursday 31 March 2016

DIY: Pencil case/ money pocket

HIIIIIIIIIII :D 

Back from being gone, (i've been sick for a month and had a lot of work for school therefore) 
but now it is time I think again about you guys and give you some DIY to keep you busy ;)




So the idea to make a pencil case came from hating the regular pencil cases. 
I'm such a difficult person and I didn't want to pay for something I wanted to draw on, pin things on. 
I also had an old jeans that I loved but that didn't fit anymore and 
then I came up the idea to recycle my jeans and 
make my own custom made pencil case.

Don't like or need a pencil case? Well it can be your next beauty bag, a smaller version as money pocket, hair grip collector,... you name it. 

I'll explain step by step how I did it, if you have a easier way for certain steps, let me know so I can try them next time ;)

I hope you like it and you will have a lot of making and using the case :) 



LET'S GET STARTED



So first thing you need to do is cut a piece from your jeans. 
You need to take the seize you want plus 0,5-1cm extra on all sides. 
TIP: use the side of your jeans, it is one side less to stitch ;)

Next you are going to choose a zipper, you can buy this in stores like Veritas.
Now you can choose the colour of thread you want to use, 
it can blend in with the zipper or jeans or you can go all the way 
and choose a vibrant colour. 

Now it is time to start. Grab the piece of jeans and turn it inside out so the inside of the jeans is facing you. Pin the sides into place, about half 0,5cm from the side.
Now you can choose to stitch it or to sew it.
I sewed it with the hand, this takes more time but I didn't had a machine at hand.
NOTE: If you aren't used to the machine or needles let an adult who can do this.


how I did it 

I found it easy to start at the sides and at the zipper at the end, the zipper is the hardest part because you need to go through a lot of fabric, so again be careful.
TIP: open the zipper, otherwise it will be really, really hard to sew it 
And you can also turn the case again so the outside is facing you now 
but I prefer to keep the inside facing me.



The zipper is attached? Good job!! 
Now you have your own case and you can choose how to decorate it.
 I decorated my money pocket with some festival bracelets I had to cut off for work :)
But you can decorate it with whatever you want, pin it, write on it...
I hope you liked it and until next time, love you all!